This Baked Eggs Avocado is a vegetarian recipe consisting of eggs, avocado, herbs and spices baked to keep the natural flavors and nutrients. This can be your breakfast or be eaten anytime. Lots of flavors in one deliciously healthy recipe.
- Avocados: Heart-healthy and delicious fruit perfect for this vegetarian recipe.
- Eggs: Also good for the heart and gives this dish good flavor and texture.
- Cayenne Pepper: Brings out a distinctive flavor to this dish.
- Chives: Add mild and grassy flavor to the dish.
- Salt and Pepper: Adds to taste.
- Prepare the oven: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line the baking sheet using aluminum foil.
- Cut and Fill: Cut the avocados in half then remove the seed and some flesh. Place the avocados on the baking sheet. Crack in egg in each avocado with the yolk in tact.
- Season: Add the salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper to taste.
- Bake: Bake for about 15-18 minutes until the egg whites have set and yolks still runny. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with chives.
Tips and Variations
You can have a little touch of meat in this recipe but will definitely not be vegetarian anymore.
- Bacon: You can have this smoky meat strips on your dish.
- Cheese: You can add grated cheese on top of this baked eggs in avocado.
- Freeze: Best to freeze this because of the ingredients it has. Just place in a container with each avocado wrapped with aluminum or plastic wrap then lay in the freezer. Can last for 1 to 2 months.
- Reheat: Just make sure to thaw it first then reheat in an oven at 165 degrees celsius for 3-5 minutes.
Baked Eggs in AvocadoPrint Recipe
- 2 avocados, cut in halves
- 4 eggs, large
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp chives, chopped
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash black pepper, ground