Blanched and Spiced Green Beans recipe is a simple recipe that carries varieties of flavor from different herbs and spices it has. This ordinary green veggie will turn out to a well-seasoned extra good side dish that brings balance to the plate.
- Green Beans: This comes best when blanched to keep it crisp crunch.
- Persillade: Combination of spices and herbs in one.
- Salt and Pepper: Better when added for more taste.
- Butter: Recommended for its distinctive flavor with veggies.
- Saute: In a large skillet, heat the oil and add the butter. Saute the garlic then add salt and pepper.
- Cook: Stir in the beans until the butter goes all over. Constantly stir for 5 minutes.
- Serve: Remove from heat. Add the Persillade. Toss. Serve.
Tips and Variations
- Olive Oil: You can use Olive oil to add aromatic flavor on this dish.
- Paprika: You can add paprika for more flavor.
- Shallot: You can saute shallots along with the garlic to intensify the taste of this side dish.
- In the fridge: You can have this side dish for another 2 days stored in the fridge by placing in a zip-lock bag.
- Freeze: Place in the freezer while contained in a zip-lock container. This can last up to 5-7 days.
Blanched and Spiced Green BeansPrint Recipe
- 500 g green beans
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 tsp Persillade
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 garlic, minced
- In a large skillet, heat the oil and add the butter. Sautee the garlic then add salt and pepper.
- Stir in the beans until the butter goes all over. Constantly stir for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add the Persillade. Toss. Serve.