There might be too many ingredients in this recipe that makes you think it is not for beginners but this can go in easy steps. Each of the flavors will leave you a satisfying overall taste. Blueberry Cheesecake will give you different flavors which are surprisingly complementary to each other. Stop thinking that it’s not for you to make and prepare your oven for this great delight.
How satisfying it is to look at the blueberries on top of cream cheese. Who can resist the temptation it gives? Blueberry Cheesecake is one of the unique combinations of flavors which has great outcomes that almost everyone wants to have a slice of.
- Blueberries –You can have fresh or frozen. Using frozen can make your cheesecake purple when thawed. Keep it frozen then.
- Cream cheese – Use block cream cheese.
- Sour cream – This adds creaminess.
- Flour – Just a little to stabilize the texture.
- Eggs – Provided height and texture.
- Vanilla –Enhances the flavors.
- Lemon zest – Gives additional citrus flavor.
- Sugar – Sweetener. Make sure to use white.
- Crust: In a mixing bowl, have the crumbs, sugar and butter combined. Press mixture evenly into the pan.
- Prepare the oven: Preheat the oven at 325 degree F.
- Cream Cheese Layer: Mash cream cheese. Beat in sour cream little by little, sugar, vanilla and flour until no lumps then beat in eggs one at a time.
- Fill: Pour the mixture into the pan over the crumb layer.
- Bake: Place the pan in the oven for an hour. Remove the pan from the oven, let it cool.
- Remove from the pan: Remove the cake from the pan by loosening the side with a knife.
- Blueberry Toppings: Top with frozen blueberries. Chill then serve.
There is lemon but there can be more lemon on this cake that makes it a Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake
- Lemon Juice: You can add lemon juice on the creamcheese to make it strengthen the taste of the lemon aside from the lemon zest.
- Lemon slice: You can top your cheesecake with lemon slices after topping with blueberry. Use cream frosting before the lemon slice.
- On the Fridge: Keeping Blueberry Cheesecake in the fridge can make it last up to 1 week. In a loosely covered container, place in the Blueberry Cheesecake then keep in the fridge.
- Freeze: Place the Blueberry Cheesecake in a freezer bag.
- Reheat: No reheating needed.
Blueberry CheesecakePrint Recipe
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- ⅓ cup blueberry jelly
- 2 cream cheese, 16 ounce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 cup crumbs
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- ¼ cup melted butter
- In a mixing bowl, have the crumbs, sugar and butter combined. Press mixture evenly into the pan.
- Preheat the oven at 325 degree F.
- Mash cream cheese. Beat in sour cream little by little, sugar, vanilla and flour until no lumps then beat in eggs one at a time.
- Pour the mixture into the pan over the crumb layer.
- Place the pan in the oven for an hour.Remove the pan from the oven, let it cool.
- Remove the cake from the pan by loosening the side with a knife.
- Top with frozen blueberries. Chill then serve.