This simple, cheap, easy to cook but tastes great Breaded Fish Fillet is perfect for any occasion or even on ordinary days. With the natural flavor of the fish coated with simply seasoned breading can make all the diners full and satisfied. One of the recipes to be added to your list of easy done and yet good dishes.
- Tilapia: One of the ideal fish for this recipe.
- All-Purpose Flour: First coating.
- Bread Crumbs: For crispier texture, fish is rolled into it right before frying.
- Salt: Added to taste.
- Pepper: Comes with the salt to heighten the natural taste.
- Egg: Beside the taste and addition to texture, it helps to hold the breading.
- Lemon: Makes the fish extra flavorful.
- Olive Oil: Makes this dish aromatic and healthier..
- Preheat for faster frying: In a frying pan, heat the oil at low heat
- Season: Have the fish cut into lengthwise. Gently massage with the lemon juice then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Breading Ingredients: Prepare the all-purpose flour, beaten egg and bread crumbs separately for the coating. With each in a separate plate or shallow bowl.
- Coat: Roll the fish to the flour, then dip to the egg and then to the breadcrumbs.
Do this with all the other fillets.
- Fry: Fry until the breading turns golden brown.
Tips and Variations
- Cheese: Make this cheesy by putting slice of cheese on top of the fish before breading.
- Spicy: Serve this spicy by sprinkling chili powder on the cooked fish fillet.
- Dip: Having dip makes this extra flavorful. It could be tartar sauce, garlic mayo or sweet and sour sauce.
- Lemon: You can cut the lemon in quarter then serve with the cooked fillet.
The breading of this fish fillet will get soggy if you save it for later like putting in the fridge or freezing. It is best to consume it immediately or within the day. But of course, you can have them stay for some days.
- In the fridge: By placing in the fridge sealed in a container can make this fillet last for5-7 days.
- Freeze: You can lay this in the freezer while contained in a freezer bag. Lasts up to 3-4 weeks.
Breaded Fish FilletsPrint Recipe
- 2 tilapia fillets, cut lengthwise
- 2 tbsp white flour (all purpose)
- 2 tbsp bread crumbs
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 lemon, squeezed
- 1 tbsp olive oil (optional)
- In a frying pan, heat the oil at medium low.
- Have the fish cut into lengthwise. Gently massage with the lemon juice then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare the all-purpose flour, beaten egg and bread crumbs separately for the coating. With each in a separate plate or shallow bowl.
- Roll the fish to the flour, then dip to the egg and then to the breadcrumbs.
- Do this with all the other fillets.
- Fry until the breading turns golden brown.