Thinking of another recipe to be served on a special dinner with your loved ones? You can have another chicken recipe on your plate with this Chicken Curry recipe that comes with variety of flavors infused to the chicken breast slices through the help of lemon juice, and is covered with delectable sauce from the combination of coconut milk and curry powder.
- Chicken Breast: Most fit for this dish to hold the flavors. Good source of protein!
- Yellow Curry Powder: Mixture of different spices that makes a distinctive flavor.
- Red Curry Paste: Adds an aromatic flavor and color.
- Coconut Milk: Makes the dish creamier.
- Vegetable Oil: Full of nutrients than any other oils.
- Garlic: Flavoring agent.
- Onion: Adds luscious flavor.
- Water: Adds too the volume. Chicken stock can be used as well.
- Sugar: Adds a bit of sweetness.
- Fish Sauce: Heightens the flavor of this curry recipe.
- Lime Juice: Makes the flavor go deep down the meat when added.
- Cilantro: Perfect to be added before serving.
- Rice: This will make a complete meal with this curry recipe.
- Salt: Add to taste.
- Saute: In a large pot, heat the oil over medium low heat then saute the onion and garlic until tender.
- Simmer: Stir in the chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes until light brown then add curry powder. Let simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Sauce: Pour in the water then let simmer for 3-5 minutes until thicken.
- Season: Add the brown sugar, lime juice and fish sauce. Add salt to taste.
- Serve: Serve over cooked rice then top with cilantro.
Tips and Variations
This Chicken Curry recipe can be serve as it is but set no limits to what you can add to enjoy this dish more and in different ways.
- All-purpose cream: This can be substitute to the coconut milk.
- Bell Pepper: Aside from good color and crunch, you can have this added to your Chicken Curry for more exciting taste.
- On the fridge: Place in a shallow container and cover then refrigerate to keep the excess for another 2-3 days.
- Freezer: This can last up to 2-3 weeks if properly stored in the freezer. Just place in a freezer bag or container then lay in freezer.
Chicken CurryPrint Recipe
- 500 g bite-size cuts chicken breast
- 2 tbsp yellow curry powder
- 1 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 2 cups coconut milk, full fat
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 small onion chopped
- ½ cup water or chicken stock (optional)
- 1 tbsp sugar, brown
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- handful cilantro(fresh), roughly chopped
- 4 cups cooked rice for serving
- salt to taste
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium low heat then saute the onion and garlic until tender.
- Stir in the chicken and cook for 2-3 3 minutes until light brown then add curry powder. Let simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the water then let simmer for 3-5 minutes until thicken.
- Add the brown sugar, lime juice and fish sauce. Add salt to taste.
- Serve over cooked rice then top with cilantro.