Soup is best known as a comfort food and a good appetizer to start every meal. Chicken soup adds to the list of creamy, rich and delicious soups with its natural flavors best to have every morning to start the day.
This Chicken Soup recipe provides the classic and natural flavor of your favorite soup. With different savory and healthy ingredients, this will surely boost your appetite.
- Chicken Bones: Carcass or bones give more flavor and thickness when boiled.
- Chicken Broth: Extra chicken flavor to the soup.
- Carrots: Makes a delicious soup. Slice into ¼ inch thick.
- Onion: Gives a savory taste.
- Celery: Use only the stalk and slice into ¼ inch thick.
- Bay Leaf: Brings out an aromatic flavor when added.
- Parsley: Gives a distinctive savory taste.
- Kosher Salt: Enhances the natural flavors of the ingredients.
This recipe only needs boiling and for sure you couldn’t go wrong.
- Boil: In a large pot, put in the broth and water then boil the bones and carcass in a medium-high heat. Once boiling, reduce to medium low heat enough to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Pick off meat: Remove the bones and carcass and once cool, pick off the meat and set aside.
- Savor: Add the onion, carrots, celery and bay leaf on the broth. Simmer until vegetables are half cooked then add the meat.
- Season: Add parsley and salt to taste.
- Serve: Best served hot.
Tips and Variations
There can be more for this soup and serve this even for snack.
- Eggs: You can add egg for extra flavor. Either cracked and stirred on the broth or hard-boiled.
- Cream of mushroom: This makes chicken mushroom soup which is another variety.
- Carbs: You can just stir in white rice or pasta when the broth is boiled.
You can prepare more and have them reheated every morning for a good meal to start the day.
- On the Fridge: Chicken soup can last up to 3-4 days in the refrigerator by just placing it in an airtight container.
- Freeze: To extend this for another 2-3 months, just place in an airtight container and freeze.·
- Reheat: No reheating needed. Just thaw for 2-3 hours.
Chicken SoupPrint Recipe
- 1 kg chicken, carcass and bones
- 1 L chicken broth
- 2 (80 g) carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 2 chopped parsley, chopped
- ½ cup or 120 g white rice
- Kosher salt
- In a large pot, put in the broth and water then boil the bones and carcass in a medium-high heat. Once boiling, reduce to medium low heat enough to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the bones and carcass and once cool, pick off the meat and set aside.
- Add the onion, carrots, celery and bay leaf on the broth. Simmer until vegetables are half cooked then add the meat.
- Add parsley and salt to taste.
- Best served hot.