Most of the beef stroganoff recipe variations come with small or thin slices of beef, but this Beef Stroganoff Recipe stays classic as it has beef cubes instead that should not change how savory it is but will add more to its texture and makes the beef juicier from the inside.
Beef Stroganoff is a Russian dish consisting of beef strips with savory sour cream sauce and has become popular worldwide with different varieties. The natural flavor of the beef which comes with a rich and flavorful sour cream that makes it juicier is simply satisfying whether it is served for lunch, dinner, or a special occasion.
- Beef: Ribeye or Sirloin can be used.
- Sour Cream: This makes the sauce of the stroganoff.
- Butter: Enhances the flavor.
- Beef Broth: Brings more beefy taste.
- Worcestershire sauce: Distinctive flavor that brings a different flavor to the dish.
- Fresh mushrooms: Canned mushrooms can be used as well.
- Onion: Brings extra flavor to the dish.
- Garlic clove: Aromatic when turned golden brown.
- All-Purpose Flour: Thickens the sauce.
- Salt: Add to taste.
Not all beef recipes come this easy.
- Cube: Cut the beef in cubes.
- Saute: In a medium skillet over medium heat, saute the onion, garlic and mushroom in butter until tender. Set aside.
- Cook: Cook the beef cubes until brown. Add beef broth, salt and worcestershire sauce then bring to boil. Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Thicken: In a bowl, stir ½ cup broth then pour in the mixture. Add the sauteed onion mixture then bring to boil stirring occasionally for 1 minute. Stir in sour cream.
Tips and Variations
The beef cut in cubes makes this recipe Classic. But you can always have a different cut.
- Strips: CUtting the beef in strips makes it easier for the beef to get tender.
- Slices: Makes a different appeal to the beef, but same great flavor.
You can actually make the sauce ahead of time and freeze. Same as the whole dish when already cooked can be placed in the fridge or cooked.
- On the Fridge: In an airtight container, place the dish then refrigerate. This can last up to 3-4 days inside.
- Freeze: Use a ziplock or freezer bag to store the beef then lay in the freezer. This can make your food last for 3 weeks.
- Reheat: You can have this reheated on the stovetop or microwave over 165 degrees F.
Classic Russian Beef StroganoffPrint Recipe
- 700 g beef ribeye, cut in cubes
- 350 mL or 1 ½ cups sour cream
- 200 g butter
- 350mL or 1 ½ cups Beef Broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 200-250 g fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 50 g or ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- Salt to taste
- Cut the beef in cubes.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, saute the onion, garlic and mushroom in butter until tender. Set aside.
- Cook the beef cubes until brown. Add beef broth, salt and worcestershire sauce then bring to boil. Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- In a bowl, stir ½ cup broth then pour in the mixture. Add the sauteed onion mixture then bring to boil stirring occasionally for 1 minute. Stir in sour cream.