This Cold Cucumber Soup with Dill is indeed a refreshing start of a meal. A deliciously good soup made up of cucumber with dill added, its coldness makes a soothing experience for an appetizer.
- Cucumber: Makes the base.
- Dill: Spice up this cucumber soup.
- Vegetable Broth: Adds to the base.
- Cream: The creamy texture.
- Tabasco Sauce: Makes the soup hot in taste.
- Garlic: Adds to the flavor
- Wine Vinegar: surprisingly heightens the flavor of puree and broth.
- Parsley: Adds another fresh aroma
- Salt and Pepper: This heightens the flavors of other ingredients.
- Blend: Using an immersion blender, blend the peeled and seeded cucumbers into chunks. Set aside 1/3 of it for garnishing.
- Season: Pour the vegetable broth, cream, vinegar and Tabasco sauce. Add the minced or pressed garlic and the chopped dills and parsley.
- Purée: Continue blending until smooth then season with salt and pepper.
- Serve: Chill. Serve.
Tips and Variations
- Walnuts: This can be added for more flavor, aroma and texture to this soup. Either blended with the mixture or crushed then sprinkled.
- In the fridge: Leftovers or made earlier can for later consumption can be in the refrigerator for 5-7 days more. Just place in a sealed container.
- Freezer: This Cucumber Soup with Dill can be frozen for a month. Just then when about to consume.
Cold Cucumber SoupPrint Recipe
- 1 large cucumber, sliced
- 1 tbsp dills, fresh
- 150 mL vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup cream, 15%
- 1/2 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp parsley, fresh, chopped
- 2 tbsp walnuts
- salt and ground pepper to taste