Asian cuisine offers flavors that is beyond the usual taste because of various spices and herbs added which makes meals extraordinary. You can think of Asian foods as hard to prepare foods and only professional cooks or chefs can prepare. But this Easy Ground Pork Stir Fry with Tofu will make you think different because of its unbelievably prepare and cook time which is only quarter of an hour. This is a good recipe even you are in a rush.
- Ground Pork: Main ingredient of the dish and is high in protein.
- Tofu: Best added when fried but can be added while raw.
- Cooking Oil: Use any variant for this dish.
- Garlic: Spice up the dish.
- Ginger: Makes the dish spicy depending on the amount and zesty.
- Soy Sauce: Gives salty savory flavor.
- Chili Sauce: Add as many as desired.
- Hoisin Sauce: Adds Asian flavor and thickens the sauce.
- Sesame Oil: Aromatic flavor.
- Scallions: Grassy and freshy flavor.
- Sesame Seeds: Additional aroma to the food.
- Cook: In a large skillet, heat oil and cook the pork for 6-8 minutes over medium heat until golden brown. Stir in the garlic and ginger for a minute until. Pour the soy sauce then stir until evenly distributed. Add the tofu.
- Thicken the sauce: Stir in the chili sauce and hoisin sauce constantly for another 3 minutes.
- Add more flavors: Remove from heat then add the sesame oil, sesame seeds and scallion.
Tips & Variations:
Not a spicy lover? No worries, you can have the chili sauce removed while not having the taste different.
- Bean Paste: This can be used as substitute for Hoisin Sauce.
- Green Bean: You can have green beans added to this dish or have the tofu be replaced.
- On the Fridge: Place inside an airtight container then put in the fridge. This can stay for 4-5 days more.
- Freeze: Place inside an airtight container or a freezer bag then lay in the freezer. This can stay good for 3-4 weeks.
- Reheat: If frozen, thaw for 3-4 hours overnight. Brush oil in an skillet then put to heat. Stir in the dish then increase the heat to 165 degrees F.
Easy Ground Pork Stir Fry with TofuPrint Recipe
- 1 lb ground pork
- 400 g package firm tofu, drained
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tbsp fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp chili sauce (optional)
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds