Fettuccine is a type of Italian pasta distinctive with its flat and thick appearance that adds to its aesthetic appeal. One of the famous pasta dishes you can make out of this variety is Fettuccine Alfredo known to have butter and Parmesan cheese in its thick sauce which coats the pasta. Perfect for snacks and can be served during celebrations.
This Fettuccine Alfredo is a simple recipe for this dish but is open for variations depending on your choice. With this flavorful and creamy recipe, this will not please those who are trying to lose weight because it will literally make you drool.
- Fettuccine pasta: Can be bought or homemade.
- Heavy cream: Rich and creamy texture and flavor.
- Butter: Complements the flavor, adds moist.
- Garlic salt: Enhances the flavor.
- Romano cheese: Adds sharper and saltier taste than Parmesan.
- Parmesan cheese: Best to top every pasta with this, adds more flavor.
- Salt and pepper: As always, add to taste.
This Fettuccine Alfredo, with its name, can sound difficult. But you wouldn’t believe how easy you can have this prepared.
- Boil: Cook fettuccine in a pot for 8-12 minutes then add some salt. Drain and place in a large bowl.
- Saute: Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat. Stir in cheese and put the garlic salt. Then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss: Pour the sauce into the fettuccine then toss until sauce is evenly distributed and coats the fettuccine.
- Garnish: Grate the Parmesan cheese on top of the serving and add parsley, then serve.
Tips and Variations:
Fettuccine Alfredo can be made simple and can come special by putting more ingredients that will make the taste better.
- Shrimp: Just need to saute cook this quickly with the sauce.
- Broccoli: Stir fry this broccoli when cooking the sauce to make it more flavorful.
With this irresistible pasta recipe, it’s no surprise that plates could go clean. But just in case you want to prepare more for tomorrow, here’s how:
- On the Fridge: Place the fettuccine and sauce separately in an airtight container. This can last up to 5 days.
- Freeze: You can have your fettuccine serve later or the other days since freezing can lengthen its life. You just have to place it in a sealed container and place it in the freezer. Just make sure you have not combined the pasta and sauce. Sealed in separately. Not just days but this can stay up to 3 months.
- Reheat: For pasta, submerge in boiled water for 2-3 minutes. For sauce, heat a sauce pan and out some oil enough to cover the base then pour the sauce. Simmer for 3-4 minutes. Using a microwave, just make sure to thaw(if frozen) it first for 2-3 hours then place in a microwave for 3-5 minutes.
Fettuccine AlfredoPrint Recipe
- 700g dry fettuccine pasta
- 1 and ½ cup heavy cream
- 220g butter
- 1 dash garlic salt
- 170g grated Romano cheese
- 100g grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook fettuccine in a pot for 8 minutes.Start the timing when the water starts to boil. Add some salt. Drain when cooked.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat. Stir in cheese and put the garlic salt. Then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the sauce into the fettuccine then toss until sauce is evenly distributed and coats the fettuccine.
- Grate the Parmesan cheese on top of the serving and add parsley, then serve.