When you hear the word Hawaiian Pizza, you can already have a picture of pizza with thin meat slices and pineapple chunks on top of a crust. Hence, this makes this pizza overrated around the world. The combination of salty, sweet and sour comes in a slice.
- Homemade pizza crust: Can come as thin crust or tossed.
- Pizza sauce: This can be bought or homemade.
- Cheese: Cheese comes salty naturally. Adds to taste and balances the flavor.
- Ham: Meaty flavor comes with this sweet ham.
- Pineapple chunks: Brings a unique but perfect sour taste to find in a pizza.
- Bacon: Not just meaty but smoky taste.
You might want a pizza serve without dialing a restaurant’s delivery hotline number. Here’s how you can make a homemade Hawaiian Pizza that can taste better than your old-time favorite pizza in a box.
- Dough: Prepare your pizza dough.
- Preheat the Oven: Preheating the oven usually takes long. Preheat it at 475 degrees before preparing other ingredients.
- Toppings: Brush the shaped dough lightly with olive oil. Spread the pizza sauce on top of the shaped dough then add the cheese, ham, pineapple, and bacon.
- Bake: Bake pizza in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes until the dough turns light brown.
- Serve: After baking, remove the pizza from the oven and top with basil leaves. Slice and serve while it’s hot.
Tips and Variations:
This Hawaiian Pizza recipe needs no substitution on its ingredients. However, you can always make something new or add more to it.
- Cheese: You can use quick-melt cheese to make the cheese almost within the top layers of the dough and make it more.You can even make rolls on the side of the crust and stuffed it in mozzarella cheese or other types of cheese or even sausages.
Since it’s pie, pizza can bring your tummies full. You might end up having pizza leftovers. Here’s how to keep it for days, or even months!
- Freeze: Using an aluminum foil, wrap the slices of the pizza separately. Place the wrapped slices inside an airtight container or a ziplock bag. Lay in the freezer. This can last up to 3 months.
- Reheat: Thaw the pizza for 3-4 hours. Reheat as preferred in the oven. If using a microwave, you may place a cup of water inside to prevent the pizza from getting hard.
Homemade Hawaiian PizzaPrint Recipe
- 1/2 recipe pizza crust
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 and 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup cooked ham or bacon, sliced
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks
- 3 slices bacon, cooked
- Prepare your pizza dough (“Pizza dough recipe”)
- Preheating the oven usually takes long. Preheat it at 475 degrees before preparing other ingredients.
- Brush the shaped dough lightly with olive oil. Spread the pizza sauce on top of the shaped dough then add the cheese, ham, pineapple, and bacon.
- Bake pizza in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes until the dough turns light brown.