An alluring bowl of salad this Healthier Mediterranean Tuna Salad is. With the vibrant colors, freshy aroma and small cuts perfectly mixed, you can’t help but have a bowl of this. But no worries in eating a large amount, this is absolutely healthy!
- Tuna Chunks: Canned tuna for easier preparation.
- Lemon Juice: Add citrus flavor.
- Red Onion: Distinctive taste that spice up this dish.
- Parsley: Grassy flavor on this salad.
- Olive Oil: Adds aroma
- Lemon Zest: Heightens the citrus flavor
- Salt and Pepper: Put as desired.
- Toss: Combine and toss all the ingredients in a bowl enough to hold them all. Taste. Add more seasoning as desired.
Tips and Variations
You can serve this spicy if you want by simply adding sliced chili finger on the mixture.
Storing this for later consumption is not recommended because of the red onion it has which turns soggy and its natural liquid will easily spoil the salad. If you wish to save it for later, better add onion on the amount you will eat immediately.
Healthier Mediterranean Tuna SaladPrint Recipe
- 2 cans tuna chunks in water, drained
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 tbsp red onion, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- ground black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- Combine and toss all the ingredients in a bowl enough to hold them all. Taste. Add more seasoning as desired.