Who doesn’t love chocolate? The rich chocolatey taste of this smoothie can make you drool.
- Dates. Offers a natural caramel-like sweetness
- Unsweetened chocolate almond milk. Provides the chocolaty taste.
- Ice. Smoothies are best served cold.
- Unsweetened cocoa powder. Makes it dark in taste.
- Vanilla Soy Yogurt. Complementary to the flavor and helps decrease blood sugar level.
- Banana. Addition to flavor and is rich in vitamins, minerals and fiber.
- Instant coffee or espresso granules. Adds a bitter taste as extra flavor.
Let’s have a glass of Healthy Rich Dark Chocolate Smoothie in 2 steps!
- Soak: In a small bowl, place hot water enough to submerge the dates. Cover. This takes 3 minutes. Then drain.
- Blend: Blend the dates and milk until puree. This may take 1-2minutes. Add ice and other ingredients for 30 seconds until smooth.
Properly store the smoothie.
- Thermal bottle/tumbler: You can just place the smoothie in a thermal tumbler if you will be consuming it later.
- In the fridge: You can use a tumbler or glass then put it in the fridge for later consumption. Since you are using crushed ice, this may melt with the smoothie but the smoothie will still be cool due to the fridge. This can go overnight but the texture will have a difference.
Healthy Rich Dark Chocolate SmoothiePrint Recipe
- 3 pitted dates
- 1 cup unsweetened chocolate almond milk
- 1 cup ice 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 oz container vanilla soy yogurt 1/2 banana, sliced and frozen
- Dash of instant coffee or espresso granules (optional)
- In a small bowl, place hot water enough to submerge the dates. Cover. This takes 3 minutes. Then drain.
- Blend the dates and milk until puree. This may take 1-2minutes. Add ice and other ingredients for 30 seconds until smooth.