Lobster is already good as it is. You can just steamed it and will already taste good. In this recipe, you can have an extra special lobster with many flavors explored to perfect the taste. Just always remember the mustard!
- Cooked Lobster: So meat can easily be extracted.
- Butter: Enhances the flavor.
- Shallot: Makes a great savor to the dish.
- Fish stock: Fortifies the flavor of the lobster.
- White wine: Adds extra layer of flavor to the food and is moist even without fat.
- Double cream: Adds richness and creaminess.
- Hot English mustard: Must be present in this dish.
- Lemon juice: Adds citrusy flavor and helps remove fishy smell.
- Parsley: Can be added as garnish and flavor.
- Salt & black pepper: Add to taste.
- Parmesan cheese: Perfect for toppings.
- Cut: Cut the lobster in half, lengthwise.
- Remove: Remove meat from the claws and tail Remove all the edible meat from the head and cut into pieces.
- Stuff: Place back into the shell.
- Saute: Cook the shallot in a medium skillet, over a medium heat, with butter until tender. Mix in the fish stock, white wine and double cream then bring to a boil. Wait until it reduces to have then mix in the flavors and seasonings until cooked.
- Preheat: Preheat your oven’s broiler.
- Broil: Using a broiling pan, cook the lobster halves and spoon the sauce over the lobster. Add parmesan cheese on top. Broil for additional 3 to 4 minutes until golden brown then serve.
Tips and Variations
You might want to have an extra special or own flavors in your Lobster Thermidor. That’s fine, just don’t forget that mustard is a must.
- Mustard: You can always use a plain mustard if you are allergic to spicy or prefers a non-spicy dish.
- White Wine: You can use brandy instead of white wine.
This recipe is not usually found in the fridge because once this has been put in the table, it will be gone in seconds. No one can’t resist the temptation!
- Freeze: In an airtight container, put in the lobster thermidor. If using a ziplock bag, remove the air before zipping and lay in freezer. You can freeze this for one month.
- Reheat: Thaw overnight for 4-5 hours. Reheat using the microwave for 1-2 minutes.
Lobster ThermidorPrint Recipe
- 1 medium cooked lobster
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 ⅜ cups fresh fish stock
- ¼ cup white wine
- ¼ cup double cream
- ½ teaspoon hot English mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut the lobster in half, lengthwise.
- Remove the meat from the claws and tail. Remove any meat from the head and cut into pieces.
- Place back into the shell.
- Cook the shallot in a medium skillet, over a medium heat, with butter until tender.
- Mix in the fish stock, white wine and double cream then bring to a boil. Wait until it reduces to have then mix in the flavors and seasonings until cooked.
- Preheat your oven’s broiler.