Mango are one of the delightful fruits that are good when ripe, unripe, raw or even when cooked. This Mango and Yogurt Mousse a perfection in every spoon. Whether you have it before a meal or as a dessert after a full course.
- Mango: Have ripe mangoes for this dessert.
- Yogurt: Have plain and 2%.
- Gelatin: Makes the structure.
- Whipping Cream: Makes this creamy aside from yogurt.
- Sugar: Sweetens
- Water: Use to dissolve the gelatin.
- Dissolve: In a saucepan, combine the gelatin and water then heat. Stir until the gelatin dissolves. Remove from the heat.
- Purée: Peel and cut the flesh of the mangoes. In an immersion blender, blend together with the sugar and vanilla until purée. Blend in the dissolved gelatin. Transfer the mixture to a bowl then add yogurt. Mix well.
- Fold: In a separate bowl, beat the cream until stiff. Fold it gently into the purée.
- Chill: Pour the mixture in cups then chill.
Tips and Variations
- Mint leaves: This adds extra flavor and taste to this dessert.
- Frozen: Tis can actually be served frozen like an ice cream.
- In the fridge: You can actually chill this for 3-4 days in the fridge before serving. Same as with the leftovers, you can have this for another 3-4 days.
- Freeze: Freezing this changes the texture. You can keep this for a month in the freezer.
Mango and Yogurt MoussePrint Recipe
- 1 ripe mangoes
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt, 2%
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whipping cream, 35%
- 1/2 tbsp gelatin powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp white sugar