It was chef Joe Sheridan in 1942 who invented this Original Irish Coffee in 1942 where he added whiskey to be served to disembarking passengers’ cups of coffee.
The choice of coffee as well with the method of brewing makes the difference on this cocktail with an absolutely easy preparation.
- Irish Cream Liqueur: Cream liqueur based on whiskey
- Irish Whiskey: Makes this coffee unique in taste and quality
- Brewed Coffee: Best coffee for this beverage.
- Whipped Cream: Light and fluffy.
- Nutmeg: Adds taste and texture to this coffee.
- Combine: Stir in Irish cream and whiskey in an mug.
- Fill: Pour the hot brewed coffee until full.
- Top: With whipped cream and dash of nutmeg on top.
- Serve. Serve while hot.
Tips and Variation
- Sugar: This can be stirred along with the Irish cream liqueur and whiskey for sweeter taste.
Serving this coffee needs no storing for its whipped cream content. Best served after preparation
Original Irish CoffeePrint Recipe
- 1 jigger Irish cream liqueur
- 1 jigger Irish whiskey
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 1 tbsp whipped cream
- 1 dash ground nutmeg