An easy to cook but yet a Pesto Pasta recipe full of flavors you will love to taste and share with your loved ones is here. Various tastes can come in this 15-minute easy recipe.
Every pasta has their unique taste. Andhere comes another flavorful variety of an Italian pasta, Pesto Pasta. Not just unique, this Pesto Pasta will leave you an incredible taste merely found in other pastas you had before.
- Pasta: Any type will do. It depends on how your Pesto Pasta looks.
- Pesto: A table sauce made from basil, pine nuts and a lot more.
- Parmesan Cheese: Usually tops every pasta.
- Onion: Adds a luscious flavor to the sauce.
- Olive Oil: Bursts the flavors.
- Salt: Add as desired.
- Ground Black Pepper: Add as desired. Adds a bit of spiciness.
As short as 15 minutes with basic methods can make you seem to be a professional cook.
- Boil: Cook pasta in a pot for 8 minutes. Start the timing when the water starts to boil. Add some salt. Drain when cooked.
- Saute: While boiling the pasta, you can have this prepared simultaneously. Just heat the oil in a frying pan over medium low heat then add pesto and onion. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook until the onions are tender.
- Toss: Mix pesto mixture into drained pasta until sauce is evenly distributed.
- Garnish: Top with grated cheese and parsley, then serve.
Tips and Variations:
This already is unique but this recipe can go with more twist.
- Broccoli: This can be added to make the pasta more flavorful and healthier. You just need to steam or boil broccoli then add this to the pesto mixture or simply top your Pesto Pasta.
- Parmesan Cheese: You can have a vegetarian Parmesan alternative if you want this to be vegetarian.
Storing Pesto Pasta for days:
Though this is better served when freshly cooked, there should be no worries with the leftovers.
- On the Fridge: In an airtight container, place the pasta and sauce separately. With this, you can have your pasta stay up to 5 days.
- Freeze: Place it in an airtight container or ziplock bag and lay it in the freezer. Do not combine the pasta and sauce. This can make your pasta stay up to 3 months.
- Reheat: For pasta, immerse in freshly boiled water for 2-3 minutes. For sauce, heat oil in a saucepan then pour the sauce. Simmer for about 3-4 minutes. Or thaw it then place in a microwave for 3-5 minutes.
Pesto PastaPrint Recipe
- 1 pasta, 16 oz
- 2 ½ tbsp pesto
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of ground black pepper
- Cook pasta in a pot for 8 minutes.Start the timing when the water starts to boil. Add some salt. Drain when cooked.
- While boiling the pasta,you can have this prepared simultaneously. Just heat the oil in a frying pan over medium low heat then add pesto and onion. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook until the onions are tender.
- Mix pesto mixture into the pasta until the sauce is evenly distributed and has coated the pasta.
- Top with grated cheese and parsley, then serve.