There are lots of nutrients found in this dish having different vegetables and cooked well enough to release the benefits of each ingredient when it comes to health. Also, this one carries different natural flavors.
Let’s have the health benefits of these ingredients in this recipe.
- Tomatoes: Brings lycopene to the food when cooked.
- String Beans: Good for those having type 2 diabetes and a heart friendly vegetable.
- Squash: Helps reduces the risks of heart disease and is good for weight loss.
- Okra: Rich in vitamin C, K1, and A; folate, antioxidants, magnesium, and fiber,
- Bitter Gourd: Strengthens the immune system.
- Eggplant: Is low in calorie and high in fiber.
- Oil: Better to use vegetable oil to perfectly have this vegetable vegetarian dish.
- Water: Helps breakdown the vegetables’ nutrients when boiled with it.
- Onion: Helps reduce heart diseases and prevents cancer.
- Garlic: Helps control blood pressure and reduce cholesterol.
- Fish Paste: Surprisingly good for the heart and helps take care of thyroid.
- Saute: In a medium pot, saute the garlic until lightly brown followed by onion and tomatoes until tender.
- Season: Add the fish paste and let simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Boil: Pour the water then bring to boil.
- Simmer: Stir in the vegetables. Let simmer, while covered, for 10-15 minutes until tender.
Tips and Variations
This recipe is good for vegetarians unless fish and pork meat is added to heighten the flavor.
- Fish: Can be grilled, fried or smoked depending on the availability and your preference.
- Pork: Grilled and fried can be added in this recipe as well. Sometimes, it can be sauteed and boiled until tender after the tomatoes.
- On the fridge: This can last up to 3 days by placing in an airtight container then place in the fridge.
- Freezer: If you wish another 5-7 days shelf life for this food, freeze it while placed in a freezer bag and lay down in the freezer.
- 4 tomatoes, chopped or smashed
- 5-10 string beans,cut into 3-inch lengths
- 250 g squash, peeled and cut into cubes
- 5-7 young okras, cut in halves
- 1 medium bitter gourd, sliced
- 1 large eggplant,sliced in quarter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 onion,chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-3 tablespoons fish paste
- In a medium pot, saute the garlic until lightly brown followed by onion and tomatoes until tender.
- Add the fish paste and let simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour the water then bring to boil.
- Stir in the vegetables. Let simmer, while covered, for 10-15 minutes until tender.