Polvoron is a type of shortbread which is that is heavy, soft, crumbly and delectable. Truly perfect as a dessert for its mouthwatering over all taste and texture. This dessert melts in your mouth!
- All-Purpose Flour: Gives out a different texture and taste when toasted.
- Powdered Milk: Adds creamy flavor to this dessert.
- Pinipig: or Sweet Rice Flakes make this dessert more special and tasty.
- Butter: Holds the mixture together and adds flavor.
- Granulated Sugar: Sweetens the mixture.
- Toast: To toast the flour in a frying pan over medium low heat until the aroma smells and the color turns light brown. Constantly stir to prevent the flour from burning. Once toasted, allow to cool then transfer to bowl.
- Add the Flavors: Add the powdered milk then whisk, stir in the granulated sugar and pinipig until mixed well.
- Mix with Butter: Pour in the melted butter then mix until well combined.
- Mold: Fill the polvoron mold with the mixture then press until compacted. Remove from the mold then wrap with wrapper or place in a container.
- Serve: Chill and serve.
Tips and Variations
- Chocolate: You can have a variant in flavors such as placing cocoa or chocolate powder.
- Cookies and Cream: This can be more creamier by adding cookies and cream powder or biscuits.
This can last for months at a room temperature, in the fridge or freezer. Just make sure to wrap it in a wax paper or store in an airtight container to prevent molds or bacteria in it.
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups powdered milk
- 3/4 cup pinipig crushed
- 1 1/8 cup butter softened
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar