Raita is one of the South Asian cuisine. It consists of raw or cooked fruits or veggies added in yogurt. It’s actually a condiment. But for this Raita de Banana recipe, this is a good side dish especially for those following a vegetarian diet. Not just yummy but is absolutely healthy to add to your meal.
- Banana: The main ingredient is this dish which has so much nutrients and has a distinctive taste.
- Lemon: You need its juice.
- Yogurt: Let’s haven a plain and 2% to keep this healthy
- Coconut: The taste is good and really has great health benefits.
- Slice and juice: Pour the lemon juice over the sliced bananas arranged in a shallow dish. Pour the yogurt as well. Sprinkle the grated coconut over.
- Serve: Chill then serve.
Tips and Variations
- You can have other fruits and vegetables in this Raita recipe such as pineapple, onion, tomato, cucumber, etc.
- Freeze: Freeze this Raita while placed in a freezer bag. This can stay for 3-4 weeks.
Raita de BananaPrint Recipe
- 1 ripe banana, sliced
- 1 tbsp lemon, freshly juiced
- 180 mL plain yogurt, 2%
- 1/2 tbsp grated coconut
- Pour the lemon juice over the sliced bananas arranged in a shallow dish. Pour the yogurt as well. Sprinkle the grated coconut over.
- Chill then serve.