Not just good in taste and with juicy meat, duck surprisingly helps our metabolism because of its vitamin B6 so taking a little greater amount than your usual meal during the holidays is not bad at all but helps us digest the other dishes that comes along with it.
- Whole Duck: Has a great meat especially when seasoned well.
- Salt: Heightens the taste.
- Paprika: Adds mild spicy and a little sweet flavor.
- Black Pepper: Aromatic and a bit spicy.
- Butter: Use for basting to keep the moist and adds flavor.
- Prepare the oven: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Rub: Gently massage the entire duck with salt, pepper, and paprika. Lay in a roasting pan.
- Roast: Place the duck in preheated oven for and roast for an hour. Baste with butter then continue roasting for another 45 minutes. Baste again and let cook for 15 more minutes more or until golden brown.
Tips and Variations
- Lemongrass : Crumpled to release the aroma then place in the cavity.
- Lemon zest: Rub to the duck to add flavor.
- Stuff: You can have chopped onion, garlic and ginger as stuff,
- In the fridge: Placing this in a shallow container with plastic wrap then refrigerated can keep this dish for 4-5 days more.
- Freeze: Placing this in a ziplock bag removing excessive air then laying in a freezer can keep this for 4-5 weeks.
Roasted DuckPrint Recipe
- 1 duck(500g), whole
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 250 g melted butter