One of the common staple food is egg. Almost every method in cooking can be used in egg. Whether you want it fried or boiled, toasted or fluffy, well-done or runny, sunny side up or scrambled, or poached.
- Eggs: Main ingredient of this dish.
- Milk: Makes the omelet fluffy and creamy.
- Carrot: A vegetable that goes well with omelet.
- Onion: Heightens the flavor of your egg roll.
- Spring Onion: Freshy taste in your egg dish.
- Salt and Pepper: Just a dash to enhance the flavor.
Let’s get your egg done!
- Whisk: In a mixing bowl, pour the eggs then add milk and salt. Whisk until combined and make sure no lumps are present to make a good egg roll.
- Add other ingredients: Add the carrots, onion, spring onion then season with pepper. Stir until combined.
- Roll: Using vegetable oil, light grease the pan then put to heat. Over low heat, pour in half of the egg mixture then let cook until half done. Roll the omelet from one side to the middle then move to the center of the pan. Add egg mixture to the open edge of the egg roll then cook until half done. Repeat until all the mixture gets cooked and rolled.
- Serve: Let the egg cool then transfer to a chopping board. You may slice the egg roll about 2 inches each, crosswise.
Tips and Variations
Just like eggs, this recipe has no limits. You can change the other ingredients and even make it spicy if you desire.
- Sweetcorn: Adding this can cause sweetness to the omelet, but it’s also a perfect fit.
- Green Peas: This can also come along with the carrots on your omelet.
- Butter: You can use butter to cook the omelet but be sure to use plenty since butter easily gets burn than cooking oils.
- On the Fridge: You can store your omelet for 3-4 days once tightly wrapped or sealed in a container and placed in a fridge.
- Freeze: Freezing omelet can make it last for up to 4 months in the freezer. Just make sure it’s sealed in a freezer bag.
- Reheat: If frozen, after thawing, you can have this reheated on the stovetop at very low heat or microwave for 2-3 minutes.
Rolled Omelet (Korean Egg Roll)Print Recipe
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp carrot,diced
- 1 tbsp onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp spring onion, green part and finely chopped
- salt and ground pepper to tase