Tomato and bacon can be mostly seen in every pasta sauce. What makes this Tomato Bacon Pasta is the natural flavor of tomato and smoky taste of bacon. A simple recipe and yet so savory. You might find yourself slurping in every strand.
- Pasta: Use a long strand of your choice.
- Bacon: Better when fried.
- Tomato Sauce: You can use freshly picked and pureed for this.
- Olive Oil: Carries out the flavors.
- Garlic: Mellows the flavor.
Like any other pasta, this Tomato Bacon Pasta is easy to prepare.
- Boil: Place the pasta in a large pot with water and bring to boil for 8 minutes. Add a pinch of salt. Check for doneness then remove the water.
- Sauce: In a skillet over high heat, heat the oil then cook bacon for a minute. Add garlic and onion and cook for 3 minutes. Pour 1/2 cup of water into the skillet then bring to simmer. Stir. Add tomato, bring to simmer for another 2 minutes then set heat to medium high.
- Combine: Add the drained pasta. Toss gently using two wooden spoons until the sauce is evenly distributed. You may add more water if you find it too thick.
- Season: Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve: Top with grated parmesan and parsley then serve.
Tips and Variations:
Just play with the ingredients the way you like it. This pasta recipe is open for other varieties of meats and sauce.
- Tomato: You can use a combination of tomato sauce and tomato paste.
- Bacon: Ham, Sausage or diced meats can be a substitute.
This comes great when served immediately but you can always prepare more for later snacks.·
- On the Fridge: Place the pasta and sauce separately in an airtight container. This can last up to 5 days.
- Freeze: Have the paste and sauce sealed in a container or freezer bag separately then put in a freezer. You can have your pasta within 5
- Reheat: In a pot, boil water. Immerse the pasta for 3 minutes. Or you can set the microwave for 3 or 5 minutes at medium heat then reheat the pasta.
Tomato Bacon PastaPrint Recipe
- 160 g Long strand pasta
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 175 g Diced bacon
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 1 Small onion , finely chopped
- 14 oz Canned tomato, crushed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp or 1 pinch of sugar
- Olive oil
- Parsley, finely chopped
- Boil the pasta in a large pot.Add a pinch of salt.Cook the pasta for around 8 minutes (after the water starts to boil).Check for doneness.Remove the water. Rinse with cold water. Strain. Set aside.
- In a skillet over high heat, heat the oil then cook bacon for a minute. Add garlic and onion and cook for 3 minutes.
- Pour 1/2 cup of water into the skillet then bring to simmer then stir.
- Add tomato, bring to simmer for 2 minutes then set heat to medium high.
- Add the drained pasta.
- Toss gently using two wooden spoons until the sauce is evenly distributed. You may add more water if you find it too thick.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with grated parmesan and parsley then serve.