Easily prepared and healthier than your regular beefy burger, here comes Mushroom Burger with rich and savory taste that you can enjoy during your breakfast or snack time with the whole family.
- Mushrooms: Best when fresh.
- White onion: Adds luscious flavor to the patty.
- Eggs: Gives stability to the patty.
- Cheddar Cheese: Salty and creamy taste.
- Bread Crumbs: Makes fried foods crispy.
- All-Purpose Flour: Helps keep it together
- Canola Oil: For cooking.
- Salt: Add to taste.
- Thyme: Adds flavor.
- Ground Pepper: Add to taste.
- Whole Wheat Buns: Completes the burger.
- Lettuce: Fresh and crispy raw ingredient.
Let’s have the Mushroom Burger ready for snack
This Mushroom Burger can go easy with these four basic steps:
- Mixture: Combine the first 9 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Shape: Form patties with ¾ inch thickness
- Fry: Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook burgers until crisp for 3 minutes on each side
- Serve: Place in the fried patties in between buns and add lettuce and cheese slices as desired.
Tips and Variations
Of course, you can have this recipe as it is but you can play with the flavors and ingredients:
- Tomato & Cucumber: You can add tomato and cucumber with the lettuce before serving. Pickles can also be added.
- Dressing: Manhattan or coleslaw can be used as dressing for this Mushroom burger as well.
- Buns: You can simply substitute whole wheat breads with ordinary burger buns.
- Freeze: Once patties are cooked, you can always put them in the fridge by simply placing them in an airtight container or ziplock bag as long as it is separated with parchment paper or plastic wraps. You can have this frozen for 1 month.
- Reheat: In a pan or skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Reheat for 3-4 minutes.
Mushroom BurgerPrint Recipe
- 200g fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup white onion, finely chopped
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese,shredded
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns
- 4 lettuce
- Combine the first 9 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Form patties with ¾ inch thickness
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook burgers until crisp for 3 minutes each side.
- Serve between buns and add lettuce and sliced cheese.